On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break...


This past week was spring break in North Texas. Before I had kids, I could never understand how even those in the preschool set savored the week of spring break. I especially did not see how it affected homeschoolers. However, I have been enlightened. Everything revolves around spring break! Every mother's day out program, preschool, and (most) kids' activity takes off the week of spring break. So even though my kids are not in school, this week meant no swim class for Caedmon, which freed up two mornings. It also meant all of his friends were available for play dates, even the ones who usually are in school a few days a week. Thus, our week was even busier than usual. We enjoyed play dates on 4 out of 5 mornings. Most of those events happened in either our home or a friend's house. The kids enjoyed playtime while the mommies visited.

However, on Friday, some Dallas friends met up with us and we enjoyed a morning back in my old turf, the Big D. Katherine is just 2 1/2 months older than Caedmon and we were in a playgroup with her for the first year or so of Caedmon's life. We still attend the same church but because of the age cut off for the classrooms, the two are not in the same room. However, Libby and Caroline are only 3 weeks different in age and they are often in nursery together. Trying to avoid the Spring break crowds, we opted for a ride on the Uptown Trolley, lunch at Wild About Harry's and some play time at a nearby park.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the outside of the trolley. I have been wanting to take the kids on this for a long time. It wasn't as big of a hit as I thought it would be. We road the entire loop (about 30 minutes) and the novelty wore off for the kids after about 15-20 minutes. In fact, Caedmon has told me that once was enough. I think if we try it again, we'll ride to the Dallas Museum of Art and get off to look around and then ride back to West Village. I thought it was fun, though, and I definitely want to try it again.





After the trolley ride, we enjoyed a fun lunch at Wild About Harry's, a great place for hot dogs and custard!  In fact, that was the first restaurant, Caedmon ever visited.  Here's a picture of that event and then some from Friday (almost 4 year later!):




I didn't get any pictures of the highlight of the morning - an hour at a nearby park - but the kids really enjoyed exploring a new playground and playing with their friends.  It was a nice day out on the town!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin