On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ready Or Not...

Let me just clearly state that I was not ready for this. Don't get me wrong. We've been praying for it nightly for what seems like months. We bought the gear well before Libby was born. And we've been slightly frustrated that our past efforts have been met with resistance. However, this was not in my plan for today...or this week...or really the next month or more.

What is it I speak of?

The dreaded chore of every mommy...

POTTY TRAINING!

Yes, apparently it's that time. I don't think there's any turning back. It's funny how I still haven't learned that I am not in control...that as my friend Susi says, "It's not about me." Over 35 years of lesson after lesson that confirms this fact and yet I still try to put things in my terms, to plan, to do it my way. And, once again, it all boils down to - "it's not about me!"

I was never in a big hurry to attempt the big PT issue. However, when my pediatrician recommended introducing the potty sometime last winter. I figured why not give it a try. Caedmon has sat on it occasionally and even did #2 a few times (totally random and probably had no idea what was happening). He has enjoyed using it as a bedtime stall tactic in recent months...which (hanging my head in shame) I admit that we bought into because, after all, we don't want to discourage him. Ha! Yet, when I would ask him to sit during the day, he has almost always flat out refused.

After Libby was born, I knew I was not up for the challenge and always said I'd wait until at least January. January came and went and, as my mother kindly pointed out this morning, February is almost gone, too. And here we are. Potty training. Oh, it's been fun so far. 2 accidents this morning and only one success which was officially before the real potty training began. Alas, after naps, we'll pack up and take one more diapered trip to Target to get supplies that will carry us through the next few days of potty training.

Sometime soon I will look back on the next few days and laugh...right? And hopefully, sooner rather than later, I will cheer when I realize that I only have one diapered child.

Until then, pray for us!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is not a fun process but it has to be done. Who wants to start Kindergarten (even if homeschooled) in diapers? I am saying a prayer for you all. For me the most stressful thing was not the actual accidents or learning what to do but my stress, frustration and the ugliness I saw in me as I was not as patient and loving as I should be. I will pray that both kids allow you to get rest so that you are ready for those battles.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin