On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Monday, January 5, 2009

Mama Thoughts

Caedmon awoke shortly after Tom left for work this morning - around 5:30 AM. Libby awoke a few minutes later. That is recipe for a messed up schedule day. Aaagh! If Caedmon awakes before Libby, Libby does not go back to sleep. (Is this the start of the "it's not fair" sibling thing?) I tried. I fed Libby and put her back in her crib...that lasted a whole 10 minutes. Fortunately, Libby was basically happy to hang out in the exersaucer while we ate breakfast and got the day started. A typical mommy, I multi-tasked - hot tea, breakfast, empty the dishwasher, fold the clothes in the dryer, start a new load of laundry, clean up spilled milk... Oh yay! Caedmon was messing with his placemat and before we knew it the floor was covered in Cheerios (well, technically Oatios or some such organic version of the original), raisins and a nice big puddle of milk. Sometimes I bad-mouth our concrete floors but this is one of those times I praise my dear hubby for thinking of such a no-fuss flooring solution. I tried to play it off lightly and have a "don't cry over spilt milk attitude"...just as I did when I heard the first calls of "mommy, I'm awake" well before the sun rose. Of course, in my head, was sinful Lynette griping all the while. Why is it so hard to have a joyful heart...a right attitude?

Yesterday, Tom was praising Caedmon for his early waking - "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." I tried to remember that this morning, but then I realized I didn't follow the "early to bed part"...for the past two nights! Late to bed makes for a crabby mommy...and yet, here I am typing away while Caedmon naps and Libby is entertained by Nai Nai. I guess I should try to slumber, too. A little rest may make a happier mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin