On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dear C-boy

Dear Caedmon,

You are becoming such a big boy - you are 2 years and 7 months old. The Christmas season has just passed and you are wondering why we need to take down the Christmas tree and decorations around the house. They are beautiful to look at. We should live as if it were Christmas all the time. It is my favorite time for the year and I love listening to Christmas music. I hope to leave you enough words over the years that you may someday know that you are loved greatly. I have been working a lot since you have been born. Before you were born, I tried to work less calls so I could spend every night at home with mommy. Now, it is the opposite. It is how I can be the provider and maximize time to spend with Mommy, you, and Libby (because I get off early the day before call and I get the day off after call completely, otherwise if I am just working regular days you may already be asleep by the time I get home). We have a routine when I am taking call. When I put you to bed the night before call, I always remind you that I will not be home the next day. I then ask you if you know what that means that I will be on-call. You then say that it means that Daddy won't be home tomorrow and that you will have to take good care of Mommy and Libby. I tell you that I love you very much and that we will have the whole day to spend together when I get back. You will get to grind coffee for me when I get home and we will eat breakfast together. You like that thought very much. I love you very much and I'll see you in the morning when I get home. Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin