On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A New Holiday Tradition

I really enjoy entertaining but I don't get to do it as often as I'd like. Well, if you count the play group and art group that I host once a month or so, I guess it's more often...but that's not really entertaining in the true sense of the word. A few years ago, I was invited to a Christmas pajama party with a mommy/baby exercise group of which I was a part. It was kind of a fun concept since we all just rolled out of bed and showed up at my friend's house to play and eat. Ever since, I have wanted to host my own pj party, but I never followed through. Finally, this Christmas season, I decided that the whole concept of it was supposed to be low-key. The idea was to get together with friends without the stress of getting dressed up or preparing some fancy dish. With that in mind, I sent out an Evite to almost 30 friends plus their children. About 15 friends and their kiddos (18 or 19 kids) came and we all thoroughly enjoyed a morning of talking, laughing and eating...and the kids loved playing together. From an outsider's perspective it probably looked like chaos, but I felt more joyful and blessed than anything. It was such a treat to look around the room and see how abundantly God has blessed me with dear friends who share in this journey of life as we seek to walk with Jesus and raise kids who will choose to be His servants as well. So even though it took me a few years to have my first Christmas pajama party, I think it will become one of our yearly traditions...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin