On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More C-boyisms

Caedmon asks me a yes/no question. I answer: "mmm-hmm."
C-boy:"mmm-hmm isn't a word, mama."
Me: "You're right, Caedmon. Yes. Is that better?"
C-boy: "Mmm-hmm."
Me: "Mmm-hmm isn't a word, Caedmon."
C-boy: "Mmm-hmm."


Mrs. H asks Caedmon what he got for Christmas.
Caedmon replies: "toys."
Mrs. H asks: "What kind of toys?"
Caedmon answers: "Great toys!"




This morning as I was preparing a bowl of cereal for Caedmon, I asked, "Caedmon, do you want bananas or raisin in your cereal?"
I was met with silence so I asked again.
Silence.
I questioned, "Preference?"
Caedmon finally replied, "Yes! I'll have pufference in my cereal."
I interpreted "pufference" to mean puffed rice; added some and also some raisins. Then, we had a conversation about what the word "preference" means...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin