On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gingerbread Cookies

A few months ago, we read Caedmon the story of the Gingerbread Man for the first time. Ever since then, I promised him that someday we would make gingerbread cookies. I finally fulfilled my promise as part of our Christmas preparations. He helped me make the dough, pouring in the flour and other ingredients after I had measured them. After we had the dough made, I realized that of all my Christmas cookie cutters, I had no gingerbread man - good planning, huh? The next day, I was able to run to the store for a nice cookie cutter and after nap time, Caedmon helped to roll the dough and cut out the gingerbread men. He watched as I pressed M&Ms into the baked cookies and even got to eat an M&M or two. We had a lot of fun making the cookies...and Caedmon especially enjoyed eating them. Fortunately for us, our gingerbread men did not "run, run as fast as they could."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin