On These Pages Are The Stories Of Our Family We Go Together ! Welcome To The World As Viewed Through Our Eyes
Lynette .......... Caedmon .......... Libby .......... Tom

Saturday, December 27, 2008

CHRISTmas Celebrations

I had grand aspirations of doing all kinds of great activities to help C-boy know the REAL reason for Christmas. I received emails about Jesse Trees and all kinds of other fun ideas. I was remembering some things that we did as children and also, some ideas that were shared at my MOPS group last year. However, being out of the country for the first week of December and then having house guests for most of the second week, I just couldn't find the time to get everything done this year. I did make a concerted effort to talk a lot about Jesus's birth, read stories that centered on that and slip in a few of my activity ideas. I plan to create my Jesse Tree ornaments before the Christmas decorations are taken down so that they can be packed away and ready for next season.

There were two specific things we did this year. First, on Christmas morning, I made sure that the prettiest package under the tree was a box that had "Baby Jesus" from our nativity in it. That was one of the first things that Caedmon opened. When he opened, we talked about how Jesus is the best gift and then we placed him in the manger of our creche.


The other thing we did was have a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Day. Since Tom was working on Christmas, that was really our only Christmas-y thing we did on the 25th. Caedmon always associates cake with birthdays so it seemed fitting that we'd celebrate Jesus's birthday with a cake. In the future, I'd like to let Caedmon & Libby help me make the cake too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin